Thursday, January 22, 2015

MORE TOMATOES and some CUCUMBERS

More tomatoes have ripened and so have the cucumbers so more  cooking to make bread and butter cucumbers for winter eating and more tomato pickles. Next lot of tomatoes will go into more soup to freeze for winter. It has been a good year for the garden this year thankfully as last year was a disaster. Also we have been picking lots of pencil eggplants, if that is the correct  name and I have been adding them to casseroles and last night marinated some in garlic, olive oil and rock salt and then roasted them. Quite tasty but I prefer them in casseroles as the taste is pretty bland. Also not my  favourite veggie.



 The bread and butter cucumbers are tasty in a cold lamb sandwich, yummy.

T
The tomato pickles, DH likes these and so does my son in law and another batch cooking now so there will be some to share.

Bye for now as I am off to finish my Grandaughter`s quilt after lunch.

No comments: