Friday, April 1, 2011

A LITTLE BIT OF SEWING

Sorry for not blogging sooner but I have been busy with family visiting and also going away to mind grandkids while mum and dad were at a wedding. I have managed to do a little sewing as well. I had made Brooke a cushion for her going away gift and when my DD saw it she said it was lovely but Brooke really loved purple. So being a nan I thought it was only right and proper to make another in her favourite colour. Luckily I have a neighbour with a DD also named Brooke so she will be the recipient of the first pillow.
I am also doing a stitch along on the net and decided to do it in reds, but then I saw another done in a lovely two coloured thread of red and green and thought I would do mine in that. My good friend Dawn ordered the thread for me (I still dont feel confident to order things on line)and I have made my original blocks into a wall hanging that will become a xmas gift for one of my DDs. I like how it has turned out and will now have to make a couple more. Now I will have to redo the first three blocks in the green/red cotton as well as this months blocks. As I love stitching this will be a labour of love and not a chore.



Cheers Jude

1 comment:

Chookyblue...... said...

lovely wall hanging...........now looking forward to seeing your next blocks........new threads.........