Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A WIN AND SOME FRESH PRODUCE

Hi everyone I am having a great Australia Day. This morning I was looking at the blogs I follow and couldn`t believe my eyes when I clicked on to Among The Gumtrees site. They had the winner drawn for the SPRINGTIME patterns posted and I had won it. I had a follow up E-mail from jenny informing me I was the winner and my prize would arrive in a week or so, I am very excited and already thinking what fabric I will use to do the quilt in. I will let you know when I have decided.


DH and I then had to pick our cucumbers and Zucchini. We picked14 cucumbers and gave some to our neighbors and daughters and the rest I have preserved into bread and butter cucumbers ready for winter lunches. The zucchinis will be made into a vegie slice and frozen for when I dont feel like cooking, some will also be roasted tonight with my huge leg of lamb.

Todays haul of cucumbers. We picked a similar amount on Sunday so our plants are doing well.



Here are the cucumbers I preserved on Monday and they are very tasty.

Todays zucchinis, only a few but plenty more on the bushes.



DH bought home a load of satsuma plums and so far I have made 51/2 kilos into jam
and hopefully tomorrow I will make the spicy plum sauce that I use as a marinade on chicken and beef.
Well thats it for now except to wish all Aussies a happy Australia Day.
Cheers Judy


6 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hey, that is so good. Well done on your win.
Your produce looks amazing.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your win Judy - I know you will be itching to start stitching. Your preserves look great. You certainly had a good day. Cheers, Janette

Lucky-1 said...

Love seeing food turned into preserves for the out of season times.

Congrats on the win too:) You so deserve them:D

Dawn said...

yummo... looks delish all that produce...
Fabulous win Jude... lucky girl..
Hugs Dawn xxx

Jess @ Scrappy n Happy said...

Yay for you! What a great win!
Your vege haul looks delicious!

Heather said...

Congratulations Jude ! Im sure you will have the quilt made in no time.
Yummy preserves,you sure have been a busy girl !!
Luv......Heather