Tuesday, January 4, 2011

XMAS COOKING AND SOME GIFTS

I have been very busy since before Xmas and things have started to slow down now so here I am adding a new post. My daughter arrive 2 days before Xmas with 2 of my grand kids and when she went for her checkup we did some cooking. The Greens cake brand have a lovely gingerbread packet including the decorations and the cookie cutter and this is what we made.


Here are Charlie and Emma rolling and kneading the dough. They enjoyed doing this and their hands got sticky and were licked many times, and I think they liked that even better because Nan didn`t tell them to stop doing it. I think it was the most kneaded dough in Adelaide.


Next we had to decorate with smarties for the buttons and little silver balls for the eyes. luckily I had plenty of smarties extra as 1 button went onto a gingerbread man and the next into a little mouth. Needless to say that not much dinner was consumed that night. Then into the oven they went and for the next 8 minutes I was asked "Are they ready yet?" Finally out of the oven and on to the bench to cool. More asking if they could eat them yet.


Finally onto the plate and we enjoyed them with a cup of tea or milo and they were delicious. I enjoyed cooking as much as the grand kids did and we will be doing it soon with some Easter cooking. cant be far away I saw hot cross buns in the shop today.



I cut this bag out before Xmas to make a gift for myself and then ran out of time to make it. So yesterday I got down to it and as it was such an easy bag to make I finished it in 1 day. I now will make another for my sister. Its from Homespun but I cant get to the book at the moment so I cant tell you which one.



this is the cow I made for my other sister and she loved it. She has a property at Springton and it will join the other real animals there. She has sheep, cows horses and a donkey and I dont know what else and animals are her passion.
Well that`s it now as i am going to have a cuppa and go to bed.
Cheers Judy



4 comments:

Heather said...

Hiya Jude, missed you today at sewing
[ or should i say talking ? }ha- your bag looks lovely. The grandkids
certainly look like they enjoyed themselves- your a great grannny
Luv.....Heather

Sue said...

Hi Jude, You have gorgeous grandchildren, and I too know how wonderful it is to have them! Those cookies look yummy! Also love the bag! Hugs n Blessings from Sue.

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Hi Jude, I don't know how I have missed your blog before. Your grandchildren are gorgeous, and I LOVE the cow you made! I have become a follower!!
Happy New Year, Sandy. :)

Sue SA said...

What good taste you have! The handbag is a Monica Poole design, I have made it also, but it was looking a bit tatted and torn from overuse, but you have now inspired me to make a new one! And I have that cow pattern, which I love! I have also made a goat - the pattern was in a Homespun, I will look it up if your interested?
Happy quilting Sue SA!